My Work At Home Testimony

First of all...let me just say you can honestly make money online. It is a real possibility...and there are lots of opportunities available to you. It's just a matter of knowing what you would like to do.

I started searching for a work at home job as additional income from my brick and mortar job back in 1999. I was working full time as a floral designer. I enjoyed it, but I was hoping to supplement my income. Unfortunately, I had stumbled upon a couple of those ad typing schemes, and yes, fell for them...just like many others have done. I was totally unaware of the whole concept of it all. I did however, finally learn my lesson.

The sad part of it is...a lot of these scammers are still getting away with it! Many of them have been shut down by the FTC--Federal Trade Commision. But, new ones keep coming up everyday.

I want to take this opportunity to warn people that are searching for honest work they can do from home. These (so called) home typing jobs, ad placing schemes, data entry jobs, or whatever you want to call them are all scams. They charge you for your registration just so you can place ads all over the Internet to get people to join in to do the very same thing. Never pay for a work at home job. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule.

Example 1: For a customer service job, a lot of the time, you are required to purchase a headset in order to do the job.

Example 2: For a transcription job, you are most likely required to purchase a foot pedal to do the job.

Example 3: Sometimes you are required to pay a small fee for a background check.

These are all normal fees and come from legitimate work from home companies. Other than the above examples...you should not have to pay for working at home. If there are other charges, then most likely, they are scams. Stay away from them.

Beyond my search for additional income, I have made a fair amount of cash on a select few of some affiliate programs. I have also met some great online friends along the way.

Throughout my endeavors, I realized I had to take this work at home situation a little more seriously. My Mother was diagnosed with cancer and I had to quit my job in order to take her back and forth to her chemo therapy treatments and to her doctor appointments. During this time, I had decided to start a website of my own. An online friend helped me get it set up. I have learned a great deal since then and have enjoyed every minute of it.

I quickly discovered that I could earn money with my website through Google Adsense, advertising space, and affiliate programs. I also discovered that there were real telecommute jobs that you could do online. Customer service, transcription, admin assistant, and the like.

This is where I found my niche. I could finally offer something viable to the work at home job searcher. Ironically, job leads such as these that are offered on both my work from home websites is what I've been searching for all these years...an honest way to earn an income from home.

But, I was already earning some income with my website. I was enjoying keeping it updated and adding new things to it. So, I made a choice...I decided to stick with my website and continue to offer the public job leads, business articles, business tips, and more.

There have been many ups and downs and many times I've come real close to giving it all up. A lot of people have given me some sarcastic remarks...even members of my own family (including my husband). But, I've learned so much by trial and error about marketing and I know what works and what doesn't work for me.

"Work at home jobs" is one of the most searched out phrases people search for on the Internet. Home jobs are in big demand, and I believe they will be for a long time to come. I'm witnessing more and more Mothers as well as Fathers working from home today. The greatest benefit is of course being able to be at home with your family, and especially your children.

I feel good about what is offered on my sites. And the really awesome part about it all, I enjoy it. And now, even my husband gives me his full support at what I do. No more laughing, no more remarks...as he finally saw what kind of income can be made online.

If you've been wanting to work from home, the truth is, you can! There are many, many options available to you. You can find telecommute jobs, affiliate programs, blogging jobs, and still more. You can even start your own online business. Consider these options carefully and make for sure you choose something that you will enjoy doing for the long run. Your success depends on it.

Article Written By: Tammy Embrich

Tammy is an Internet marketer and is the owner of Work At Home Opportunities and Real Work At Home Jobs.

Tammy's two work at home websites focus on free telecommute job leads, articles, and more.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tammy_Embrich

Labels:

Posted by mbuhlah, Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:44 AM

0 Comments:

<< Home | << Add a comment